Tips & FAQS
Full Brewers System
Find our useful info here
Full Brewers System – Assembly & Usage Instructions
Your system will contain the following parts in the box
- Beer tap / faucet with plastic handle
- Tap / Shank adaptor
- Black Disconnect – Liquid / Beer outlet
- Grey Disconnect – Gas outlet
- MFL – M8 Swivel Adaptor
- .CO2 Regulator
- 16g Food Grade CO2 threaded cartridge
- Chrome Spear with pressure relief ring
The full brewery system is compatible with the entire ChinChiller Brew.Co range of Kegs; 2, 4, 5 & 10 Litre
Follow these steps to set up
- Ensure that you clean the entire system as suggested; components, beer line, spear & keg.
- Use a combination of boiling hot water & a sterilizer such as Sodium Percarbonate on your first use & clean prior to every fill / use.
- Connect & tighten tap adaptor to Black disconnect, connect Swivel adaptor to Gas outlet
- Cut the beer line tube slightly (10mm) above the top of keg.
- Double check that all the posts on the spear are tight to avoid liquid or gas leaking
- Slide this firmly onto the barbed nut at the base of the spear.
- Now attach disconnects by lifting the base upwards & then releasing once in place.
- Its important to a) complete a CO2 leak test by spraying soapy water over the disconnect base& check for bubbles forming b) apply a lubricant to the o-rings to prolong lifespan & improve seal
You are now ready to pour your first brew!
- You will need to become familiar & accustomed to pouring your beer to suit the beer, the style & your preference. This does take some trial & error, but you will have a ton of fun doing this, plus, you will be the envy of all your mates at the Barbie! We recommend a low PSI for pouring, between 3-6PSI to avoid foaming.
Also, for best results, place your minikeg in the fridge before filling. This prevents the beer foaming which occurs when cold liquid is transferred into a warm vessel.
- The swivel adaptor will continue to spin & appear to be loose. Don’t be alarmed as this is normal. Ensure that all seals are in place on the components before turning a CO2 cylinder into the regulator you can remove the nut on the base of the Regulator & attach to a Soda Stream bottle, by adding a suitable compatible adaptor.