Tips & FAQS
Tilt Bluetooth Hydrometer
Find our useful info here
Designed for home brewing, the Tilt is a wireless hydrometer that lets you instantly read your brew’s specific gravity and temperature on your compatible Apple iPhone/iPad or Android smartphone/tablet or Tilt Pi.
Most Bluetooth 4.0+ devices will work with the Tilt. You can then
optionally save the data automatically to the cloud using our free Google Sheets template or other 3rd party cloud platforms. See our Apps section for more detail. Our goal is to help home brewers brew better beer. The Tilt hydrometer
allows you to check the specific gravity and temperature of your beer
while it’s fermenting, without ever having to open your fermenteror pour
out any of your precious brew. This easy to track.
Here are some of the new features of the Tilt:
– Range: Better reception and range. With the increased transmission power your Tilt will send data through larger,thicker-walled fermenters.
– Precision: Upgraded sensors. With an improved temperature sensor and accelerometer your Tilt will operate with more precision.
– Efficiency: We’ve reduced power consumption so more brews, less battery.
– NewLook: Newly designed custom circuit board and harness.
If using multiple Tilt Hydrometers for different batches of fermenting beer you must use a different color for each batch. The app will not read multiple hydrometers of the same color.
Each Tilt comes calibrated and ready to go with a pre-installed battery.
Just download the free app, sanitize your Tilt, drop your fermenter, and
start taking readings with your phone,tablet,or Tilt Pi.
The specific gravity is accurate+/-0.002 within the Tilt’s range of 0.990
to 1.120. The thermometer is accurate+/-1 degree F(+/-0.5 degree C).
Download the free Tilt app at the Apple App Store or Google Play Store or get the free Tilt Pi download.
Baron Brew does not pay customs/excise fees or other taxes for
international customers(outside the USA). Here is our official international shipping policy.
2nd & each clean following
2nd & each clean following
- For the ChinChiller spear assembly, full brewers kit or Picnic Tap set, depressurise your keg before opening the lid – Safety first!
- Empty the contents & repeat steps 1- 9,
- However before emptying the contents, turn the Spear or Picnic tap assembly onto the keg & run the hot water or sanitizer through the taps as you would pour a beer.
Suggestion – Empty the sanitizer solution into a container & lay spear,
dip tube, Picnic Tap, Brewers Tap in the solution for 10 minutes for
added piece of mind Your keg, assembly & dip tubes should now be clean, sanitized & ready for another fill.
To remove stubborn build up use a bottle brush after step 1 Adding boiling water.
For best result before filling place your keg in a fridge for 30 minutes. This will prevent beer foaming which occurs when a cold beer is added to a warm vessel/keg!